Are you a theatre maker who wants to find new and innovative ways to engage your audience? Are you intrigued by games and how they connect with theatre? Upstart Theatre’s brand of playable theatre brings together approaches from the world of gaming and the world of theatre to create experiences that put audiences in the leading role. Join a group of up to 20 like-minded artists and Upstart’s artistic director Tom Mansfield for a 'brilliant and inspiring' workshop, including:
- How game design principles can be applied to creating theatre shows
- How to give your audiences a goal that will keep them on the edge of their seats
- How using game loops can give your audience the chance to explore and change the world of your show
- How designing the rules of your game helps you to create a more engaging and immersive experience
- How to test what you’ve created in a way that’s simple, useful and time-efficient.
MONDAY 24 MAY - 2:30 - 4:30PM