Want to get involved with one of London’s most exciting new theatre and performance festivals? Upstart Theatre is looking for a small team of volunteers to be part of DARE Festival on Thursday 25th, Friday 26th and Saturday 27th October 2018. You’ll be helping support an eclectic and daring line-up of theatre and installations in the atmospheric setting of the Ditch at Shoreditch Town Hall.
- Opportunities to meet new people including a brilliant mix of artists;
- A chance to work with an experienced team of theatre, film, installations and performance makers and learn new skills;
- Food and soft drinks provided during your shift;
- Travel expenses paid.
There are a range of tasks to get involved with over DARE Festival. These might include:
- Ushering audiences into shows (with the option to watch the show too);
- Guiding audience with access needs to and from local transport (train, bus and tube stations) and around the festival;
- Assisting artists with the turnaround between shows, including their set up and get out;
- Being on hand to assist audiences with questions and information throughout the festival.
DARE Festival runs from 7pm to 11pm on Thursday 25th and Friday 26th October, and from 12pm to 11pm on Saturday 27th October. You do not need to be available for the entire duration of the festival, although preference will be given to volunteers who can commit to multiple shifts. There will be a volunteer briefing on Thursday 25th October – time TBC but likely to be late afternoon / early evening.
To express interest or to find out more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org telling us a bit about yourself and why you’d like to volunteer with DARE Festival 2018.