Call for Stage Managers (x2) – DARE Festival 2018
Want to get involved with one of London’s most exciting new theatre and performance festivals? Upstart Theatre is looking for two stage managers to be part of DARE Festival which takes place on Thursday 25th, Friday 26th and Saturday 27th October 2018. You’ll be helping support an eclectic and daring line-up of theatre and installations in the atmospheric setting of the Ditch at Shoreditch Town Hall.
Stage Management Tasks
Each stage manager will be assigned a venue (either the Garden Studio or Rivington Room) and will be responsible for working with each of the programmed artists / companies to assist with the get in and get out of their shows and to operate the show for them. Most of the shows last about 20-30 minutes and will have quick turnaround times of half an hour between shows.
We are looking for stage managers that can oversee the technical aspects of each show including lighting and sound. Therefore, the role would suit someone with a wide range of technical skills.
- Liaising between the Upstart Theatre team, the artists, and venue production team.
- Assisting artists with the get in and get out of each show, including help with moving set and props.
- Operating lighting and sound for every performance
- Ensuring health and safety protocols are adhered to at all times
- Supporting the company with any other tasks as can be reasonably required for the smooth running of rehearsals and performances
DARE Festival runs from 7pm to 11pm on Thursday 25th and Friday 26th October, and from 12pm to 11pm on Saturday 27th October. Tech and dress rehearsals will take place from Tuesday 23rd to Friday 26th October.
You will need to be available full time from Tuesday 23rd October to Saturday 27th October.
You will be paid a flat fee of £500 for the week.
To apply to be a stage manager at DARE Festival, please email email@example.com with a CV and short cover letter detailing how your experience meets the job description.